Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Open Carry Activists - Here We Go Again, in Texas

I have been reading Mike Vanderboegh at Sipsey Street Irregulars for several years, and usually agree with his sentiments. But I think he is wrong about the political  effects of in-your-face-open carry.  Here is my comment to his post:

"Yeah, it pretty much is the OC activists fault.  While I sympathize with your position, that a right not exercised is not a right, the fact is that the optics of in-your-face-OC are terrible, and the practice scares the Hell out of some people, and it gives political power to our opponents.
This has been demonstrated multiple times in the past, particularly in California, where similar OC events have led to the elimination of all OC of firearms.
Just because we can do something does not mean that it is smart, in the short term, to do the thing. In-your-face-OC has not helped in Texas. I believe that you're wrong on this."

No comments: