Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Joan Peterson Writes the Stupidest Thing I Have Ever Read on Her Blog

In  this post on her blog Common Gunsense Joan Peterson has really outdone herself by writing the stupidest thing I have ever read on her blog, which is quite an accomplishment because there are so many candidates for the title.  Concerning a man in Hollywood, California, who was killed after he walked down a street shooting at random passing automobiles:
"That's the problem when guns are so available. An otherwise normal and law abiding person who has a bad day can take it out on innocent people too easily."
I see.  Gun owners are not to be trusted because they might "snap" and commence a murderous spree?  Amazing how this excuse keeps being thrown out by the anti-gun bigots.


Here's my prediction: further investigation will reveal that the shooter had previously unknown and severe psychological problems for which had had not been successfully treated.  Investigation will further show that the gun he used was purchased legally in California but that the background check system, 10 day waiting period, and the DOJ Hangun Roster, all failed to keep a gun out of that mans hands.


I was sorely tempted to post the above on Joans blog, but I refrained.  I have long decided that posting comments on her blog is a waste of time because she is not interested in "debating" anyone but those who already agree with her.


"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  -- George Bernard Shaw

 

No comments: