Monday, October 10, 2011

California Gun Bills - Results Are In

Governor Brown has signed or vetoed the various firearms bills sent to him by the Legislature.  This post on Calguns has the scorecard:

  • AB809 Long Gun Registration: Signed.  Starting January 1, 2014, all long gun transfers will have to be performed using a FFL and DROS.   In effect, California now requires long gun registration.
  • SB819 Redirection of DROS Fees: Signed. Starting immediately, DROS fees are to be redirected into the DOJ budget for regulatory and enforcement activities.
  • AB144 Unloaded Open Carry Ban: Signed.  As of January 1, 2012, open carry of an unloaded handgun will be a misdemeanor.
  • SB610 LTC Reform: Signed. Starting immediately, all agencies processing applications for a License To Carry a concealed weapon must follow uniform procedures as outlined in this bill.  This is a VERY GOOD result.
  • AB427 Handgun Ammunition: Vetoed. Thank God! At least we don't have to fight the AB 962 fight again this year!
These results are not as good as I hoped, but not as bad as I feared.  The worst of the bills that have passed is long gun registration, of course, and I am sorry about AB 144.  SB819 is not really a surprise since the state is broke, and Brown will be trying to sweep any amount to money he can into operating budgets.  But two very big pieces of legislation are now law: LTC application process must be uniform, and we don't have to re-fight the ammunition fight from last year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be
actually something that I think I would never understand.

It seems too complex and very broad for me.
I'm looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!


My website act tutor toledo ohio

Anonymous said...

What i don't understood is in reality how you are not really a lot more
well-preferred than you might be right now. You're very intelligent.
You know therefore considerably in terms of this topic, produced me individually consider it
from so many various angles. Its like men and women are not involved until it's one thing to accomplish with Girl gaga!
Your personal stuffs outstanding. At all
times take care of it up!

Also visit my blog :: Houston Texas public adjusting
()