Thursday, April 9, 2009

Great - and sad - article.

I found this article about a very sad, but all too typical situation on a new blog: Big Hollywood.

I'm Against Guns And Violence Unfortunately Reality Has Intruded On My Delusional Paradise.

My first reaction was to think about how much I loathe southern California, and my second was to remind myself that these stalking situations happen anywhere. It also reminded me that there is a funny little exception to the prohibition to carrying a concealed weapon.

People that have a restraining order against an individual can carry concealed weapons in the state. No other approval is necessary. I think they have to carry a copy of the order to prove to any officer that stops them, but it is legal.

California gun law is curious mixture of strict prohibitions and occasional freedoms.

No comments: