Sunday, February 15, 2009

Armed Citizens Against Terrorism

I have had one nagging thought ever since I got over the sheer awfulness of the 9/11 attacks on New York and Washington D. C.: why have we not seen the type of suicide bombings that Isreal suffered, or the type of terrorist attack inflicted on Mumbai last year?

It turns out that someone is thinking about it, and possible counter strategies, as described in this New York Times article .

But my reaction to this article is that they may be over looking a potential resource: armed citizens. Does anyone think that terrorists could shoot up Dallas, Texas, with the same impunity that they had in Mumbai? I have faith that not only would are police shoot back, but some of our concealed weapon permit holders would as well.

Perhaps, as in Isreal, we should encourage more citizens to go about their daily business armed.

1 comment:

Johnny Cakes said...

Obama scares the hell out of me!

In fact, I want to start a NEw Web Site " Armed Citizens against Obama,Pelosi & Read"

This group is out to Socialize our country!