If Ms. Burkett is charged with anything more than possession of a concealed handgun without a permit, it will truly be an outrage. She is being held without bond for trial while the alleged rapist is granted a $250 bond. Ms. Burketts father may be facing charges of unlawfully transferring a handgun in Washington state, and the family is reported going to be sued by the family of the rapist.
There are MANY lessons here:
- Women should get their own firearms and training before the threat is evident. It takes time to become proficient, and women are more likely to be victims.
- Get your concealed handgun permit before you think you will need it.
- Pay attention to weapon transfer laws. Anti-rights DAs will try anything to convict you if you defend yourself, but why give them the means to do it.
- Support Stand-Your-Ground and Castle Doctrine laws and politicians that support these laws. It is situations like this that inspired them in the first place.
- The Occupy movement has been a bunch of cynical, manipulative, cowardly assholes when it comes to denying incidents of sexual assault in their encampments. They sacrifice the safety and security of women to uphold their public image. Assholes! I wonder how they will spin this incident? Probably by throwing Ms. Burkett under the bus. That is the