Governor Brown has signed or vetoed the various firearms bills sent to him by the Legislature. This post on Calguns has the scorecard:
- AB809 Long Gun Registration: Signed. Starting January 1, 2014, all long gun transfers will have to be performed using a FFL and DROS. In effect, California now requires long gun registration.
- SB819 Redirection of DROS Fees: Signed. Starting immediately, DROS fees are to be redirected into the DOJ budget for regulatory and enforcement activities.
- AB144 Unloaded Open Carry Ban: Signed. As of January 1, 2012, open carry of an unloaded handgun will be a misdemeanor.
- SB610 LTC Reform: Signed. Starting immediately, all agencies processing applications for a License To Carry a concealed weapon must follow uniform procedures as outlined in this bill. This is a VERY GOOD result.
- AB427 Handgun Ammunition: Vetoed. Thank God! At least we don't have to fight the AB 962 fight again this year!